November 7, 2017 Election
The Woodlands Township Board of Directors Electionwww.montgomeryvotes.orgwww.harrisvotes.org on the evening of Tuesday, November 7, 2017.
November Election Results
Candidates in Ballot Order
Three at-large positions on The Woodlands Township Board of Directors will be elected in the November 2017 election, designated as positions 5, 6 and 7.
Ballot positions for candidates who have filed are as follows:
1. John P. McMullan
1. Ann K. Snyder
1. Laura Fillault
2. Carol Stromatt
Each office carries a two-year term and all three positions are elected at large by voters in The Woodlands in both Montgomery County and Harris County.
To vote in The Woodlands Township election, you must be a registered voter in the county of your residence and a resident of The Woodlands Township.
Where to Vote
The Township election is conducted in accordance with the county elections. Please consult www.montgomeryvotes.org or www.harrisvotes.org for polling locations.
- July 22, 2017 - First Day to File Application to Appear on Ballot for One of the Designated Positions (Monday, July 24 - First business day for acceptance of forms.)
- August 21, 2017 - Last Day to File Application to Appear on Ballot for One of the Designated Positions (5 p.m.); Last Day to Order Election
- August 25, 2017 - Last Day to File Declaration of Write-In Candidacy (5 p.m.)
- October 10, 2017 - Last Day to Register to Vote
- October 23, 2017 - First Day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance
- October 27 2017 - Last Day to Apply for Ballot by Mail (received, not postmarked)
- November 3, 2017 - Last Day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance
- November 7, 2017 - Election Day
Important Election Information
The Texas Secretary of State is the chief election officer of the State of Texas and provides the uniform election calendar. Interested persons are encouraged to visit the Secretary of State's Election Division website or contact the Secretary of State's Election Division by telephone at 1-800-252-VOTE (8683) to obtain the most current information.
It is the duty of the candidate to become familiar with the laws applicable to Texas elections, ethics, and campaign finance reporting. Candidates are solely responsible for compliance with these laws. Additional resources can be found at the Secretary of State website and the Texas Ethics Commission website.
As the authority responsible for calling and holding a fair and impartial election, The Woodlands Township cannot provide legal or administrative advice or assistance to candidates or prospective candidates. Candidates may wish to seek legal counsel or other professional advice in this regard. In November 2010, the Township Board adopted Resolution No. 020-10 regarding the annual Board of Directors Election. This resolution was replaced in August 2013 with Resolution No. 012-13, which was updated to reflect participation in joint elections for Harris County polling sites.
All political election signage must conform to The Woodlands Standards Section 2.10 (page 50) and Section 2.12 (page 54).
If you have any questions about the election, please call The Woodlands Township at 281-210-3800. The fax number is 281-210-3978.