The mission of The Woodlands Township Environmental Services Department is
To empower informed choices for the sustained health of our community and environment.
The department coordinates a wide variety of programs that provide information and resources for healthy, sustainable living.
• Monitoring the Waste Management contract, providing an integrated residential solid waste plan for the community. Services include once-per-week curbside collection of garbage, recyclables and yard trimmings. In addition, the department oversees The Woodlands Recycling Center, located at 5310 Research Forest Drive.
• Water Conservation education, offering free events, classes, and seminars for residents to learn tips on incorporating conservation habits into daily routines.
• Mosquito surveillance and education, supporting South Montgomery County Mosquito Abatement and Harris County Mosquito Control District and in preventing the spread of mosquito-borne disease.
• Water-wise gardening, sustainable landscapes and nature classes and education.
• Litter reduction and green-up programs including Great American CleanUp and America Recycles Day.
• Administering community gardens at Bear Branch Sportsfields, Alden Bridge Sportsfields and Wendtwoods Park.
Residents can follow the department's blog for news, details on upcoming events and classes, helpful tips and resources and everything you need to know about the Township’s various environmental programs. Those interested in receiving emails can subscribe to the Department's periodic eNewsletter.